Tuesday, July 20, 2004

U.S.: Linda Rondstadt, anti-Christian bigot

"My career has befuddled other people, and it's befuddled me," admitted Ronstadt, 58, who finds her fans are polarized by her nightly on-stage salute to "Fahrenheit 9/11" filmmaker Michael Moore.

"I've been dedicating a song to him – I think he's a great patriot – and it splits the audience down the middle, and they duke it out," she said.

"This is an election year, and I think we're in desperate trouble and it's time for people to speak up and not pipe down. It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know."
We can arrange that, Linda. Republicans and Christians don't have to buy your tickets or your CDs. The "fundamental" she places before "Christian" is essentially divisive and intended to create the false impression that she favors some Christians but not others. However, any Christian who takes Christianity seriously ought to be offended for Ronstadt is attempting to tell Christians how to believe. No doubt, if the Christians in the audience were pro-abortion and pro-homosexual absurdity (marriage is between a man and a woman) then such would be welcome in Rondstadt's audience.

Well, no GOPer or Christian should sit in Rondstadt's audience and allow himself to be insulted.

I am a big movie and music fan; however, I do not buy or watch movies of those who offend either my religious or political sensibilities. It doesn't matter how good the movie or music is. As a consumer, I refuse to pay money to some dolt who has spat on what I believe and who is only good for mouthing words written by someone else. It means that I don't watch a lot of popular movies and music, to be sure, but it also means I don't have to get slapped in the face by the idiot who has grown rich off of my money and who lacks the sense to avoid offending those who pay for their flamboyant lifestyle.

One would hope that actors and singers would remember that their livelihood depends on their audience and that they did not arise to prominence with the support of only a segment of that audience. However, once these brainless dolts have a few million in the bank, they forget how they came to be where they are; they suddenly espouse the most idiotic liberal babble as if the entire nation is full of babblers like themselves.

Well, enough of that. Let them restrict themselves to acting and singing and stop pretending that they have the brains to think about anything but the right way to parrot some lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home