Monday, August 02, 2004

U.S.; Blog matters

The big issue with setting up the blog at its own domain and publishing it from a server other than Blogger is simply this: will I be able to post to CaribPundit from China, in light of China's embargo on blogspot, even as RTFM and Eleanor have unfettered access, too?

That's the big problem that's giving the greatest headache right now.

So far, here's what's up. CaribPundit has a new domain name; however, neither Blogger, RTFM, nor Eleanor can access the server at which the domain name points because of the way it's set up. So, either a work around, or a new server.

Once that issue is addressed, then there is this that yet remains: I use Brad Rhine's program, Frequency, to post to the blog. Whether CaribPundit is published from blogspot or from another server, it will still be powered by Blogger. That most likely means that, even using Frequency, I won't be able to connect to Blogger to post.

Brad Rhine has a new piece of blogging software called Tangelo; however, that is for a one person blog.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'd be really happy to hear them.

Anyway, that's what I'm busting my chops on in between bouts of packing and reading so I don't get stressed out.

So, bear with us while we're in this transitionary period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home