Wednesday, June 16, 2004

U.S.: Working and...

Posting little cuz I'm working. Have to configure Apache 2 so that I can run a webserver on the iBook. Until I can do that, the folks I'm building the site for can't see it.

I'm missing some little thing that I don't know about. All I know is that the server doesn't come up at the address it should. If I don't get it going, the alternative is to delete Apache 2, PHP 5, MySQL 5 and reinstall them all under Apache 1.3. Any of you out there have any ideas, do drop me a line.

The trip out to South Dakota was beautiful. The state itself is lovely and spacious; with a total population of 600K, I'm not surprised. The highways out there are a delight -- smooth, mostly flat and straight. When you look down one, all you can think about is "road to run." The temps were fabulous, almost no humidity during the day and cool at night.

The only problem was the mosquitoes -- SD had had 9 inches of rain in the previous week or so. I thought TT had big mosquitoes. Wrong! If the ones in TT can sing to you, lift your covers, bite you, and tuck you back in, then the SD mosquitoes can toss you off the bed just to bite you, and put you back in it when they're done. Their bites leave some HUGE bumps -- that's cuz of an allergic reaction.

All of that aside, the ordination service went very well. One brother ordained and attended by his father and two other brothers, all in the ministry. This time, I didn't get to the reservation, although I was invited to apply to teach at the high school there. I'm thinking. Right now, I'm on sale to the highest bidder. Whoever is willing to pay the most can purchase my excellent English teaching talents for the next two years or so. C'mon, hurry up and make me an offer I can't refuse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home